Ruger #1 in 375 H&H and rechamber?

Bolt gun and rechamber?

Get action and build gun, witch action?

Need all thoughts on this one.

Thank You

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I were going to do this (and I cant say as I would) I would try to find a Model 70 in 300 rum and rebarrel it. The mag is already set up for the Rum cartridge and should be an easy fit. The best part of these is that they are cheep (as the RUM cartridge is useless IMHO), CRF, and you should be able to pick one up for under $500 as a complete rifle.

For what it is worth why would you want a 375 RUM. The H&H is all you really need in that caliber and if you need more go bigger diameter (ie 416, 458, 475 etc) :grin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't mean to rain on your parade, just give you my thoughts. If you really want the 375 RUM don't let me dissuade you :grin: . The solution is probably one of the best as I have done this to aquire a 470 capstick on a model 70 stainless. I found that if you sell of the unused parts it is really easy to do this project and not spend $1000. If you have your heart set on this cartidge go for it, but it just wouldn't be MY choice.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Orygunsmithing has built a few of these cannons, I think on Montana Rifleworks actions. I held one of these, rather hefty which isn't a bad thing. PM me I can get you his contact info. Fair work for a fair price, although his specialty is ultra light hunting rifles.

RR

·
Registered
705 Posts
KENTONE,

THE 375 RUM IS THE FIRST ONE I PURCHASED. NEXT THE 7MM RUM AND THEN 338 RUM. I LOVE THEM AND I WOULDN'T LOOK BACK. DON'T LET THESE GUYS TALK YOU OUT OF IT. IF THEY CAN BASH REM ULTRAS THEN I GUESS ROY WEATHERBY WAS WRONG TOO. :? IF THEY ARE NOT MAN ENOUGH TO SHOOT THEM ,THAN THAT THEIR OPINION :) BUT THEY CAN KEEP THEIR OPIONION TO THEMSELVES. I LOVE THE 375 H&H AS WELL BUT SOMETIMES YOU WANT SOMETHING BIGGER AND STRONGER. I WOULD AGEEE AND BUY 700 RUM AND HAVE IT REBARRELED.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts