Graybeard Outdoors banner

921 - 924 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
"Mike and I stopped in Vegas on the way to California years ago and when we got out of the car to get gas; it was 107 F. It felt like stepping into a Pizza oven; I will never forget that! Locals will say, "but it's a dry heat!" I will say, "Dry heat frys!" We look forward to visiting, but it will not be in July or August. "
It was 100 degrees here yesterday. At least it's a wet heat. YUK!!!
Melting Zulu

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
A wet heat you say. I agree with YUK!! High humidity ain't my favorite thing. Strange as it seems, the worst humidity that I have had to endure was not in Georgia, Florida or Louisianna, but rather in Pennsylvania, all places where I have lived from a few summer months to a few years. At Indiantowngap Military Reservation near Hershey, Penn. in 1967 it was 100 to 102 degrees F. every day for weeks in August. Fresh and dried off after a shower, you were soaked in sweat just walking over to the PX for a cool drink! Gee, I wonder if the "cancel culture" freaks will be after the weak kneed politicians to change that name??

Let's hear it now................sympathetic sounds for a Melting Zulu. Look, what's that on the ground? That WAS Zulu; he's a puddle now, poor guy.

Gary, Hey GARY! Do you see it? I brought that drawing of the sights forward so it would be easier for you to find it. Remember now that the front sight is a hunting sight, all brass, with a polished tip, NOT a blackened target sight. Upper right corner of the drawing. It is drawn showing its maximum extension. Normally just the larger V-Notch part and 1/4" of the stalk will be showing above the reinforce. Except for screws, the material is brass on both of the sights, a nice contrast to all the acreage of black paint on the Tube, Carriage, and Chassis.

Tracy

Sight drawing.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Only nice 70s here the last couple days. But I think we have 100 coming in a couple days. suck it up Zulu. I can take the heat. I hate the cold. Atleast you do not have to deal with that crap. I did find Tracys comments about melting Zulu pretty entertaining though,LOL

921 - 924 of 924 Posts