Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found out that it is possible to send in used scopes to Burris to have them retro fitted with a new reticle. I have the handgun 3-12X with the regular duplex and I am curious if anyone here has used this scope with the balistic plex. I plan to use this scope on a 223 for rock chucks. The scope is not on the barrel yet, so I figured if I'm going to send it in I may as well do it now. What do you guys think? What will it cost?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Burris can convert the scopes only if they are the new single tube design, they can't/won't do the two piece tubes. I've heard contendernut's thoughts from others that have used both plexs'. Have you ever shot through a scope w/ballistic plex? I haven't, and like you are interested in them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The bottom post is thin and the dots are rather small. If I were hunting praire dogs or ground hogs, I would probably like it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Burris Bal Plex

I have a Burris 2x7. I sent it in for the Bal Plex reticle. I love it. I didn't think so after I first got it back and mounted it. I have in on an Encore 7mm08 with the heavy bbl. I am still working out my loads but the main crosshair dead on at 100yds put the next lower crosshair dead on at 200yds. I need to play around with it some more to see if there is a difference in point of impact and power settings. It is unobtrusive and you hardly notice it is there when you get used to it. I was hitting a 12x12 plate at 300yds consitently over my back pack. Need to get out to the range some more when it warms up a bit when one doesn't have to lay down in the mud.
Good shooting. Jerry J

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
This question is for JerryJ, I have a .260 Rem. in 15" Encore and sight in dead on @ 200yds. Puts me less than 3" high @ 100yds, with 120gr Nosler BT @ 2500+ FPS. I have not shot @ 300yds, but believe that from the ballistics program on Realguns.com, it would be 9" low @ 300, still on your 12X12 plates.

Would it be easier to sight in dead on @ 200yds? I had no problem with deer last fall with this combination.

I am looking forward to spring and woodchuck hunting with this gun.

Just an observation.. Rol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts