Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 burris LU-T scope mounts. There the ones with the 2 windage screws. The problem is when 4 mount screws are tighten down all the way, the mount is still loose on barrel. Its like the screws are too long??? I tried it on 3 differant barrels with same results. Anyone have this problem? if so, how did you fix it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just mounted a new millet mount on my 22-250 and they wouldn't seat all the way. I took a small pick and cleaned the threads and the bottom of the hole out and got a lot of stuff out of it. You may want to check it. after I cleaned mine out the mount was nice and tight.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
hendog,

Yep, I have had that happen with Burris as well as Redfield bases. I just filed the screws off a bit and then tried them again. Do ONE screw at a time and only have ONE screw at a time in the base. Tighten it down so you can tell if the base gets snug and you have removed enough of the length of the screws. Use that particular screw in the hole you tested it in.

That is just a proceedure that I do all of the time when I mount a base on any Thompson product. Good-luck...BCB

·
Registered
289 Posts
I use the same procedure on everything. Just had a very similar problem with the forward leupold base on my Rem 700. A little crud left over from a rebluing job, and about 1/2 a thread too long.
Helicopter Bill

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
I just had the same trouble with the 17 remington I just got. What I did was clean out the holes real well, and then I took a dermal tool and ground off enough of the screw to let it tighten the base. If you do it this way take it slow and keep the screw cool

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fixed problem

Thanks for the advice guys. I filed off a little bit of length of each screw & it work perfect!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts