Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a Bushnell Legend 2-7 or 3-9x scope for my Contender carbine in 7mm TCU. I've noticed the light transmission is around 91-92%, similar to the newer Nikon Buckmasters scope.

Is there a better scope for the money? What are the pros/cons of this particular scope?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Isn't it odd that the Legend has about 92% light transmission and the Elite 3200 has about 88% light transmission, yet the Elite 3200 costs noticeably more?

I think that's because not only does the Elite 3200 have rainguard, but, perhaps more importantly, the Elite 3200 has a ONE-piece tube, whereas the Legend (I believe) has a cheaper TWO-piece tube. Also, the Elite 3200 has been tested to about 1,000 or so recoil cycles equivalent to a .375H&H Mag (I think the Elite 4200 is about 5,000 or 10,000). Also, the Elite 3200 comes with a lifetime warranty. I don't think that Legend comes with that kind of warranty.

As for the Buckmaster, it does have 92% and a one-piece tube and is, in my opinion, a much better scope than the Legend.

Zachary[/color]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Go to big store and look through them. I may not be the most experienced person around but.... I have underbought a scope (Simmons ATV that is "good enough" but that is it) and overbought a scope (Leupold that is NOT worth $350). My personal opinion is that the Elite 3200 is the best value out there for $200. The Legend is the best for under $150. Respectfully,one piece, two piece, three piece? When was that last time that you talked to someone who broke the body of a scope? Did he use it as a wrench to turn in the Redfield rings? As long as it holds the nitrogen and the lenses together, who cares?

What it all boils down to is looking through it. I special ordered the Leupold because everyone swore that it was the best...well, it isn't. Can you afford the $200 for the Elite? There is nothing wrong with not having enough money. HHHMMM, I am really getting worked up here. This Leupold thing is really hacking me off, sorry to get off the topic.

Go look through some scopes.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the problem is no one carries the Legend where I live, so I would have a difficult time trying one out. I've actually owned two of the Elite 3200's, one was a 3-9 and the other was a fixed 10x mil-dot. I liked the 10x OK, but I was really never impressed with the 3-9x 3200.

Also, recoil will not be an issue, as its going on a 7mm TCU carbine.

Has anyone had any negative experiences with the Legend line of scopes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts