Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Newt,had 98 in the shade yesterday.I have no idea what any heat index was .Hot is hot---heat index is just a yuppy invention to make things sound worse than they are.Wind chill is another one---what differance is it if the wind chill is minus 60 or minus 90---cold is cold and hot is hot---miserable however you look at it.
Stay cool.
Tom

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can attest to how much worse it is with humidity. I was in kuwait for about 8 months at the time, and then there was some freak weather change and the air came from off the gulf. When that humidity hit, I was dying. The dry heat was somewhat tolerable, but once it got humid, the sweat quit evaporating and I was even more miserable. I'll take below zero with hurricane force winds any day over above 100 with slight humidity.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Non-irrigated crops around here are really taking a beating, too. Corn that should be very tall is stunted, with curled leaves and that funny pale grayish green color they get right before they turn completely brown.
No break in the 100+ forcasts for this area until late next week.
Jim-NE

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just home from visiting a friend here over on the Ks Colo border. Radio said it was 109 but his thermometer in the shade of the porch said 108. Sure am glad it wasn't really 109. That woulda been just too dang hot.

·
Registered
421 Posts
hot...hot...hot, for many days in a row now. Some of the corn is too far gone to come back (looks more like it will be ready for picking soon).
And then, overnight...there is 2+ inches in my rain gauge, and it is still coming down! What a change!
Forecasts for rest of the week are only in the 80's here. Got to love cold fronts but just hope that it isn't too late to save some plant life around here.
Jim-NE

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's get'n light.So I got to get the cooker started up.To sculd some turtles before I dress them out.
Supose to get bout 96 here today.This is too much for us who have to work outdoors.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Our break came last night.Over an inch of rain,temp is in the 60s this morning.
Tom

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go head Boggy,rub it in!!!!!
But come winter when your fight'n snow and ice I'll be trap'n in the 40's

·
Registered
568 Posts
Newt It's been 100+ degrees three days in the last 2 weeks.Last week I got up and it was 46 degrees at 05:30.It's been a strange summer,weatherwise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts