Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Guys,

There is a beat-up old Colt 1878 shotgun down at the flea market. It is not shootable, but it would make a great wall hanger, except for the fact that is has no buttplate whatsoever. Without a buttplate, it looks really terrible.

Do you know of a source where I could try to find an orginal buttplate for this?

Or, does anybody know where you can get parts for the new Cimmaron TTN copy of the Colt 1878? Maybe a buttplate from that will fit? (The only thing I see on line is distributors for the TTN, and not anybody that supplies parts or service.)

Thanks very much for all info.

Mannyrock

·
Registered
129 Posts
TTN Parts have been kinda scarce, since Cimarron picked them up from TTN. The parts were to be transferred to the Cimarron folks, but I don't know if they've gotten to Fredericksburg yet.

Here's the contact info for Cimarron Parts:

Cimarron Firearms Co. Inc.
105 Winding Oak Road
Fredericksburg, TX 78624

phone: (830) 997-9090 ex. 26

email: [email protected]

Complete contact info at http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/Contact.htm

·
Registered
142 Posts
Manny if all eals fails take some thin steel and a blow torch with the gas on (no ox) coat the steel with black suit then open the ox and get a good hot flame now heat the steel tell the suit is gone. Now the steel is soft and you can use a rubber hammer and work the steel to the stock and cut the wast off now if u want that case color just heat tell the steel starts to turn beautifull yellows and blues qunch and oil. That easy

·
Registered
216 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts