Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the LOP on my (actually all 3) NEF Ultra is 14.25 inches. My stubbie little self likes a 13.5 inch LOP. Note this .75 inch difference is just about exactly the depth of the factory vent. recoil pad. I don't want to cut the stock, not just yet anyway, and would probably be happy for now with replacing the recoil pad with a thin buttplate. The 7x57 don't need no stinkin' recoil pad no-ways! Anybody know of where I could get one that would fit?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Try your local gunsmith they sometimes have a metric butt load(would work on the 7x57) in a box from recoil pad jobs and cheap they sand to fit easy enough

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
See the FAQs, there's a link to a thread on installing a butt plate with a source for it.

Tim

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I have the same problem as you with a small frame. I cut just the cushion part of the factory recoil pad of my Ultra and it fits great looks pretty good too.

·
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about that! From trying to get a starting point to 3 excellent options in one post! I don't know how I missed that in the FAQ though...

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
There's a lot of stuff in there, and I'll be the first to admit that it could be organized better, not my best talent!! :-[ :D

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts