Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have received my lisence and was wondering i read somewhere to make copies of original and use those when buying so if i go to a gun show then i should have unsigned copies with me i guess or if i was to send to like aim or classic arms would send signed copy i want to make sure i am understanding this correctly cause i am going to a gun show in a few weeks hopefully and might find something i need so any help would be appreciated i got the licesence but have not used it yet.

Terry

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, make copies and put the original aside. Then take the unsigned copies with you when you go to gun shows. I always sign in blue ink so there's no question that it's an "original" and not a copy. You can also mail these copies to vendors when you need to use them.

If you have a scanner then scan a signed copy of your license and keep it on your hard drive. Some companies, like AIM, will accept an email with scanned .jpg image or faxed copy but others will prefer that you mail it in.

A side benefit to your C&R license is that you can get dealer pricing from some companies. Midway, Brownell's, and Southern Ohio Gun are three that come to mind. There are others, as well.

-Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts