Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used this stuff...I just bought a Mossberg ATR and I prefer not to spend a mint on ammo until I know this rifle intimately...then I'll spend more for premium bullets(tho if I can find cheap 130 gr heavy duty hunting bullets that perform, I can go that way.) Anyone w/experience with this ammo or anyone who can relate info regarding my newest rifle please feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
since its winchester ammo

Since it is winchester ammo I guess it would be ok. I never trusted cheap bulk ammo in my hunting rifles. I figure they are loaded with the minimum amounts of powder. From cabelas with shipping cost would be 71.13 with shipping. At ammoman.com he will sell 20 boxes of federal for 15.00 each buying five boxes will give you free shipping. With four dollars difference you might want the federals. Ammoman will let you mix and match the ammo as long as their are five boxes shipping is free.

Mike H

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ammo alternative

This will cost more money, but if you don't reload why don't you buy 5 boxes of different ammo and see what the gun likes. Then you will have some research done at the same time. The new Federal fusion is around $ 16.00 a box. Just a thought. Buckfever

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Whenever I leave the store with a new rifle, a box of Remington "green box" goes with me. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts