1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Thanks Boom, useful info. I noted this was in something called "internet archive" but that there was a Google page at the beginning that sounds like it is explaining Google Books, yet the format of this internet archive thing is different.

All of this makes my age-enfeebled brain hurt-if you have an explanation of the difference between these seemingly different systems both of which involve Google, I've like to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
And by the time you had gone through all that the enemy had taken your rigging and masts, holed your hull in 20 places, and shot away your rudder. Because some cynical old gunner squinted his eye, checked the wind, judged the pitching of the ship, and had you ranged on the second shot.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cannonmn said:
Thanks Boom, useful info. I noted this was in something called "internet archive" but that there was a Google page at the beginning that sounds like it is explaining Google Books, yet the format of this internet archive thing is different.

All of this makes my age-enfeebled brain hurt-if you have an explanation of the difference between these seemingly different systems both of which involve Google, I've like to know. Thanks!
Cannonmn,
Google Books is evidentlly responsible for the digitized copy of this book, but its in the public domain. I copied the link from "Open Library."
http://openlibrary.org/b/OL6558597M/Calculated_tables_of_ranges_for_navy_and_army_guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts