Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a California compliant Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifle with the 'bullet button'.
I plan on moving out of state next year. When I do, is the rifle easily convertable back to normal configuration?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Smokin said:
I'm going to buy a California compliant Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifle with the 'bullet button'.
I plan on moving out of state next year. When I do, is the rifle easily convertable back to normal configuration?
It should be. Just swap out the "bullet button" for the standard mag release button. There's videos on YouTube showing how to install mag release parts in AR lowers if you don't know how they go together already.
If you're going to move in a year, anyhow, why not just hold off until you set up residence in Free America, where you can buy your M&P with a regular mag release and a standard 30-round capacity magazine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just be advised that S&W uses really strong thread locker on the bullet button. It takes heat to get the nut loose. The aluminum bullet button tools tend to break if you don't get the thread locker hot enough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts