Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonite was deer hunting. not wanting to shoot anything as am saving my doe tag for muzzy season. just wanting to watch deer and learn.jus killin time.

saw no deer and rite before dark started blowing my predator call.

withiin 5 min, a big ole female yote came lopin in.

shot her at 50 yrds with the 243.she never wiggled.

ive called predators before but had forgot what a rush it is. il be doing more of this soon.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yu could be correct.i was surprised as the wind was me to her.but she loped in so fast she may of not had time to smell me..

i also shot my best biggest buk from this stand a few days ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I always see coyotes at first or last light when I am deer or pig hunting. I don't want to blow my hunt so I let the coyotes pass. I usually end up not seeing any game so next time the coyotes are getting blasted.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
To each his own, but the coyote you shoot today is the fawn you save tomorrow.

Coyotes , dogs and bobcats get the bullet if they come into range. I'm just not that hungry.

It is fun to call a predator in and whack him, Good shooting hillbill.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I tend to agree with you guys, having passed up on a lot of coyotes while out looking for deer or elusive elk. I regret not rolling over the coyotes that may well be the ones that rip apart the fawn that would have become a nice trophy in 3-4 years.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts

Kill them all...

CW

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts

CW

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hellgate said:
I tend to agree with you guys, having passed up on a lot of coyotes while out looking for deer or elusive elk. I regret not rolling over the coyotes that may well be the ones that rip apart the fawn that would have become a nice trophy in 3-4 years.
Not to mention the turkey and rabbits that a yote eats.

·
Premium Member
16,611 Posts
10gaugemag said:
To each his own but I have never let a coyote pass in favor of a deer. I see more deer and have more opportunities for them than coyotes so Ol' Wile E gets the lead medicine.
I agree!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

CW

·
Premium Member
9,530 Posts
cwlongshot said:
10gaugemag said:
To each his own but I have never let a coyote pass in favor of a deer. I see more deer and have more opportunities for them than coyotes so Ol' Wile E gets the lead medicine.
I agree!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

CW

ME ALSO!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.