Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still working on an old sporter Spanish Mauser, I have a make due stock that came of a Swede that I half-assed refinished. It's gonna be a scout rifle and the stock didn't stain the filler areas where I repaired cracks. I'm trying to find a stencil and add a couple of colors of Krylon. There are some good PDF cut outs but my printer is crappy. Just can't wait to attach my scout mount and reblue the barrel and try it out. I had it in synthetic and it kicks like a mule, I mean plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
depends what kind of camo you want i have used tape cut with my wifes pinking shears for a digital look. fake folage from the craft store for a wooded pattern and fishnet stockings for a scaled look. also bought a barbed wire pattern from the duracoat guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
don't have any photos to send.
i just did 2 of my rifles a couple of
months ago with "cerakryloncote".
cleaned off really well with acetone, and
laid down o.d. for a base, then used
small sections trimmed off the shrubs
here at the house for "stencils" to break
up the o.d. with tan shake-shake.
if you're just hunting with it, the animals
won't laugh at any boo-boos.
i'm sure you'll do well. good luck

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

well that didn't work at all. . . :(

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Ranger99 said:

[/quote]

stop by the craftstore and try the fake ones that worked for me on the turkey gun (in the middle)

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
HWB13 said:
Ranger99 said:

[/quote]

stop by the craftstore and try the fake ones that worked for me on the turkey gun (in the middle)
[/quote]
i was meaning my sorry efforts at posting a photo of one of my shake-shake jobs :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
When I lived in NC I would go out back and pick ferns and other ground cover for pattern. I always used a base coat, three different colors and last two coats with Krylon satin or flat clear. Just have to be careful when cleaning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.