Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for curiosity's sake (and to give us an idea of how many Canadians visit this site), please make a post here with a few details about your location etc.

I'm a retired civil servant living in the Ottawa, Ontario area (Don't crucify me yet! :eek: ). I'm primarily a big game hunter, going to the Parry Sound district for 2 weeks of deer and 1 week of moose hunting each year. I bowhunt moose in the Kapuskasing area, and bowhunt deer locally. :D

Anyone else?

·
Registered
15 Posts
EH!?

Youse guys bedder be quiet!!! All dem udder guys on dis site frum de Unexplored Southern Area might jus' figger out dat der is sumtin' tween Warshington State an 'Laska!

But they will never understand Rick Mercer or Red Green!

I'm a P.Eng. (Mech.), and live in South Central B.C., midway between Calgary and Vancouver.

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Jim H.

PS - How about them Canucks!

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard guys - maybe we can get a few more Canucks to sign in, and get into some real government bashing (our national past time).

Jim:

I follow the Sens myself, and they've been doing great as well with 18 points in 10 games, but the Canucks are unreal right now.

p.s. I don't get Rick Mercer and Red Green myself. :? :oops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife used to get rather peeved with us, when my two boys (then young teenagers) and myself would recite the "Man's prayer" at the end of the show.

Being a mechanical engineer, Reds my hero.

If it's not broke, you ain't tryin' - (or the old engineering saying - If it ain't broke, it hasn't got enough features)

Jim

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you guys kidnap Red Green ?
One of the few good things to come out of Iowa! :D

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Hey Rick
So you got the big chair here eh?
Red Green is as Canadian as "eh".

I hail from Lindsay, Ontario Originally from Belleville, Corbyville to be exact. Grew up with the smell of corn mash. (yum), and surrounded by warehouses full of barrels of aging booze. (Now mostly gone, plant closed) :cry:
I now hunt deer just east of Denbiegh, near Vennachar Ontario.
Moose hunt near Minden Ontario.
What's really nice, is that Cell phones don't work at all in Vennachar, and only intermitently from the moose camp (climb a ridge). :grin:

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John Y:

I thought I might eventually see you here. I think we frequent a lot of the same sites.

I'll have to check a map to find Vennachar. I often go through Denbigh on my way to my sister's cottage near Minden (Devils Lake). Never saw much moose sign around there - hope it's better where you hunt.

You make our 4th for euchre, now if I can just figure out how to deal the cards with this computer thing. :lol:

Rick

·
Administrator
26,058 Posts
All right dang it I've waited long enough.

What the heck is a Red Green? Inquiring minds want to know.

GB

·
Administrator
26,058 Posts
Uh yeah. Now what's a Steve Smith? You feller shore are making this hard for me ta figure out. :)

GB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just nosing around & thought I'd better check in :D Glad to see the Ottawa valley represented here. I cottage near Barrys Bay. I shoot mostly cast bullets at the Barrie anglers & hunters, hunt deer @ my brothers in Sask. & black bear @ the cottage & Mactier. My wife is the one who likes Red Green in our house, although I do use a lot of ductape eh.
I think on Jan. 1 03, we should all pretend to sell all of our guns to our relatives & then on Feb 1 03 pretend to buy them all back. I think the paperwork involved would fry those Ottawa computers. Anyway, glad to meet you all. Ron.D
I'm a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. (Stephen Leacock)

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Maple Dale Cheesfactory?
I know there are a lot of cheesy outfits in that neck of the woods, but I must have missed that one. Where exactly is it?

A

·
0 Posts
John Y, south of Tweed, north of Belleville. East side of 37.
I'm eatin tha last chunk of smoked cheddard right now; made it last as long as I could. Gonna smoke sum of my own, but doan think it'll turn out as good.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ron and Leo:

Welcome aboard!

It looks like we have a little representation from across the country now. Maybe we'll be able to get two euchre tables going after a bit. :twisted:

Rick

N

·
0 Posts
Canada

Another BC boy, Vancouver Island, work in forestry research and mostly hunt deer. Hope to hear from someone from that other Island, the one on the East Coast, the one with all the moose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Canadians, eh

One more Canuck checking in. I'm from Aylmer, Ontario. Just a little [email protected]#t town, but its near London, which is maybe 1.5 hours from Toronto. We've got excellent deer populations down here (though you would't know it by my success rate). Anyhow, just thought I'd say hey.

·
Registered
292 Posts
hey guys! just moved from another board. seems to be more canadians here. I'm from winnipeg, mb, hunt and fish here and make camo clothing here. also guide for deer.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nick, XXclaro and Upnorth:

Glad to see you guys here! Pretty soon we'll have enough of us for a hockey game to break out. :twisted:

Rick

1 - 20 of 202 Posts