Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While trying to find something on this barrel I stumbled across this incredibly informative book.
It is a gold mine if you are trying to identify a barrel.
Of coarse, I haven't found this one yet.
Check this out.
Zulu

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
While trying to find something on this barrel I stumbled across this incredibly informative book.
It is a gold mine if you are trying to identify a barrel.
Of coarse, I haven't found this one yet.
Check this out.
Zulu

Amazing resource. Douglas is there a way to add this resource to the stickies?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Small cannon made for the Spanish, probably in the Philippines. I’ve seen other Spanish cannons of that exact pattern and those whose provenance is known were made in the Philippines. The “R” stands for ”Real” meaning Royal (property.). Long number with fraction is weight in Spanish pounds. Not sure about the “5.” Ive collected Spanish cannons for years, would collect that one too if available/affordable.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
That's a nice cannon, I had one that is now in the Cannonmn collection with the same lines, and yes I'm still alive and kicking.... it's been awhile about three years since I've been on here

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small cannon made for the Spanish, probably in the Philippines. I’ve seen other Spanish cannons of that exact pattern and those whose provenance is known were made in the Philippines. The “R” stands for ”Real” meaning Royal (property.). Long number with fraction is weight in Spanish pounds. Not sure about the “5.” Ive collected Spanish cannons for years, would collect that one too if available/affordable.
cannonmn,
Thanks for this reply. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for.
Zulu

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
cannonmn,
Thanks for this reply. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for.
Zulu
Thx, anytime. And if that one becomes available, I’m interested, I probably pay more than anyone for those since that’s one “subcollection” I’m still building. I only buy those that retain their patina, like that one. Researching them is a challenge, there seems to be very little info on them available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts