Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find a source for 358 Win. brass. When I first started this project six or seven months ago I could find brass several different places. Now that I have sent a rifle off to be rechambered for this cartridge I cannot find a place to purchase 358 winchester brass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
.358 Winchester

The .358 Winchester can be easily made from .308
Winchester cases. :)

Simply make, or have someone made for you a tapered case mouth expander plug to open up the .308 case mouth to .358 dimensions. You can modify the existing expander plug in your .358 reloading die set using a lathe, and hand polish using 400/600 abrasive cloth.

The cases are modified in one stroke on a reloading press. Dip case mouths in powdered graphite and run them up into the expander plug.

HTH
John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help , I was bout to start wishin I had went with the wheelen. Grafs said they were out, but huntington shows they have some in stock. I had thought about forming them from 308 but i've never tried that and it seemed it would make the necks awful thin. I guess I better get a good supply of brass while i can. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts