Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone read the artcle at the Outdoorlife web site on the PH getting attacked by the wounded Cape Buffalo? Scary story written by the PH. If nothing else it should give those of us unfamiliar with Africa an idea of just why they are considered dangerous game.
markc

·
Registered
489 Posts
I read the article in the magazine last night. man that was something. Lucky how he was saved. That has to be a thrill though to know that you can be destroyed by an animal that you are hunting. The article also lets the reader see how being a little hasty can cost you.
Cheers,
willis5

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah

that was something that jumps out at you in the article I think. The PH indicates that he threw caution to the wind and got caught short. Good thing he wasn't out there alone, and the client had the wherewithall to get in there and take those shots. I still would like to go hunt them some day though.
markc

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'd love to hunt them too, but I hope people in my party don't throw caution to the wind like that. Are there any good videos of dangerous hunts in africa that are worth the money?

Cheers,
willis5

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
willis5,

Are there any good videos of dangerous hunts in africa that are worth the money?
Yes there are a number of them at http://www.outdoorvisions.com/searchproducts.asp?search=africa, check them out. I've ordered a few through Outdoor Visions and they are good people to deal with. As far as hunting Cape Buffalo that will be next year when the wife and I go on our Safari. All I can say is that I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that our Safari doesn't turn out anywhere near like the one in Death Charge. Lawdog

·
Registered
489 Posts
That site looks like a great resource. Good luck on the safari next year... We are lucky to have a wives that enjoy the outdoors.
Cheers,
Willis5

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
willis5,

I thank God everyday for my wife. I owe her more than can be gone into here. As far as a hunting partner goes, I could ask for no better. Lawdog

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know you don't plan to , but don't let her go! There are a few (read millions) of men who envy you and I! have fun!
Cheers,
willis5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts