Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice. Is there a particular brand of vibratory case cleaner that I should buy for cleaning?

For example, in Midway's catalog
RCBS Vibratory Case Cleaner lists for $99.99 (holds 180 30-06 cases)
The Frankfort Arsenal Case Tumbler is only $49.81 (holds 350 223 cases) **Kit w/Media Separator $75.33

1)Are these two cleaners designed w/ different action principals....one vibrating, the other rotating?
2)Is one faster cleaning or does a better job?
3) Does one last longer than the other?

TIA for the guidance.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have one of each and they seem to do an equal job. Usually use the rotating one as I like to remove the drum to pour the cases in the media seperator. As they are very similar I would go with the less expensive one.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Been using the Midway vibrator for a couple of years now, Works great. Seems like it was about $50. KN

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a Dillon for Christmas...

I got the large Dillon, best one I've ever used. It costs more but is built to last and if something ever breaks just send it back, no questions!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the Lyman Turbo Tumbler Twin Pack that was on my Midway Christmas wish list. I wanted the option of the 2 bowls. Midway had the best price for that unit.

As far as media separating, I went to Walmart and bought an oil drain pan and a plastic flat bottom kitchen strainer for about $4.00. I'm not only cheap, but currently unemployed. Besides, I only reload for myself and it works well for the volume I reload.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts