Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TC 10" bbl with a break when I shoot a heavy (300gr) at about 1800/fps I get a white coating all over my break is this normal? The load is just below max and I'm using CDP 300gr simi speerpoints. Accucaracy is good but I don't know about this white coating, its both inside and outside of the break. Thanks in advance lost

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
cast in breaks

what caliber are you using? and do you use a gas check? This coating may be lube OR it may be lead scraping off as the bullet passes thru the break.It is not likely powder fouling,but!!!!
what kind of accuracy are you getting with other bullets compared to the heavies? jh

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Probably lead deposited on the brake. You get a little lead vapor coming out after the bullet, and it condenses on the brake. Use some compensator spray like the IPSC guys use or some splatter spray you use with a MIG welder and it'll make the stuff easier to remove.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.