berkley micro craw
mini jig (tube jig)
2 inch curly tail grub
red and white daredevil
mepps no. 2 spinner
2 1/2 inch rapala
4 inch rapala
double willow leaf spinner bait

whats the most unlikely lure anyone has caught a cat on?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've caught em on different lures, plastic worms, roadrunners, etc, but I guess the strangest would be a yellow darter top water plug.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as soon as I clicked the submit button I knew I should have asked if anyone has cought a cat on topwater baits

·
Registered
29 Posts
I caught a nearly 15 pound channel cat on a dark red RattleTrap. Ain't never used it since! (Was fishing for bass, but now all I fish for is cats and panfish.)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My largest cat on an artifical lure was about 7 1/2 lbs and it was caught on a Rebel Pop-R...I had a nasty birds nest and was picking it out for awhile,when I got it untangled and started retrieve my line..I noticed the line was headed out to one side..the cat had almost the entire lure in its throat!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cats on lures

My biggest is a 13+ pound channel cat caught on a perch colored hot-n-tot while trolling for walleyes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had bet my fishin' buddy that i could catch bream on a cigarette butt. I attached a filter and an old fashioned beer pull tab to a hook, and caught a 3 pound channel on it. I caught a few bream, but that was the only cat.

T. Mortis

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was fishing beside a guy last week that claimed to have caught a 51 lb flathead on a dark green crawdad shaped crank bait. And several folks caught them up to 40lbs this sping while throwing jigs for white bass and crappies on 6lb line. Your luck has got to be running full strength to land a big ol' flat on line like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:D when we were kids my younger sister caught a blue cat on a willow leaf and we also used to use the red skinned hotdogs and we also used to use bolonga.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My grandpa caught a 12-15 lb. cat on a fly rod. It hit a small popper. Talk about exciting, it was a little change of pace from the bream we had been catching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts