Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with cats, actually I like cats. However my neighbors cat have decided the lean-to off my machine shed is a great place to leave is mark. He is urinating all over the place and to be honest I'm done. which means he is about to be done as in done in. A friend of mine mentioned that if you place a .22 cal pellet in a primed .22 hornet case and shot it through a 10 inch Contender that this combination would induce the Tom to move on. Does anybody have any experience with this. I have experimented with it and do like the lack of noise factor, but my lack of ballistic sense has me worried that I'll cripple the old devil which I DON"T want to do. I either want to "burn him" or "bury him." I don't have access to a chrony so as usual I'll put my ignorance on display once again. What do ya'll think is this load too harsh or not harsh enough.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Yep that works but if you drill out the primer pocket and file the rim just a little thinner you can use a shotgun 209 primer and prolly punch a hole right thru that ditch couger. Not that I'd do anything like that. ::)

·
Registered
380 Posts
A squirt gun filled with ammonia will keep him from trying to mark his (your) territory for a long time. A 22 rimfire CB short just inside the ear canal will make it permanent, and it's quiet too. ;D

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
do you golf?

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Surely you have a 22 rifle. Go by some CB caps (very low velocity 22 shorts), and out of a 22 rifle they are not as loud as a pellet gun. I use'em on cats and pecan thieves, known to some as fox squirrels.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
What I believe is extreme, is for the neighbor to think that it is OK, for him to let HIS tom cat roam at will the neighborhood while all the while MARKING HIS PERCEIVED TERRITORY in the traditional way a tom cat marks it. With his urine.
I for one do not like cats. I keep my pets on my property. You love your cat. Well. If you don't keep YOUR cat, in YOUR hat. He won't come back. ;)

bkraft! Remember the three SSS, involving rude, intrusive neighbors pets. Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up.

Oh, and by the way. ROCK SALT? All rock salt will teach a cat, is to avoid the land owner. NOT THE LAND. A cat does not think like a teenage watermelon thief.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
A cat does not think like a teenage watermelon thief.
;D Thats for sure Dee, You just gotta make him disappear! Its the one sure way to solve the problem!

S.S.S is the proper method! Cause when you go talk to them(neighbors) about the problem the only thing that gets established is the motive! Cause they aint gonna do a dang thing about your problem.

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Nope! I have tried that method, and it will either make the owner mad, or he will agree and do it for a little while, or he will say he will and won't.
He already knows that it is just as wrong to let the cat roam, as it is to let the dog roam. He thinks his cat is special. I think his cat is an interesting challenge. ;)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
There is only one proven way to educate a cat and doing it right the first time comes with a guarantee.

Cat owners live in a fog and feel their little furry sweethearts never do harm when they allow them to freely roam, which is completely false. Pet cats are a menace to wild life and properly, so you can’t educate the owners, but you can educate the cats.

yooper77

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
It truly is, and a challenge too. One shot, no one notices. Two shots, the paper is laid down. Three shots, and they look out the window, and reach for the phone. ;D

·
Registered
670 Posts
I had three feral cats hunting chipmunks, lizzards, and songbirds, and chasing turkeys on my property, and a rifle. I still have the rifle. A cat that is not in it's owners house or yard is a feral cat.

In your situation, I would:
1. Try to talk to the neighbor. He may understand. Many don't.
2. Use a deterrent, such as a dog urinating there and chasing the cat.
3. Capture the cat in a box trap baited with tuna, and take it to an animal shelter. You can always say that you did not know whose cat it was.

I would not cause pain to the cat. You either kill it, or you don't. Also, ask yourself how would this change your relationship with your neighbor.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.