Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to save a "buck", I need a new mold but like to use the handles from a RCBS mold I currently have. Actually, two molds, each with it's own set of handles.
Does anyone know if any of the Mold handles with interchange?
Example; RCBS Handles to SAECO Mold, or Lyman Mold (Don't think that one would work, but don't know) RCBS Handles to...whatever???
I ask this question over on Shooters.com, but haven't got an answer yet.
I know twenty-five or thirty bucks isn't going to break the bank, but that could be two cans of ffg. powder too. Or maybe a brick of Fed 215's? Or even a cool drink or three? Any help from the more informed would be appreciated.
Respectfully, Russ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Billy Marr said:
rcbs to lyman saeco yes the other two to RCBS no. I just buy the cheap Lees and grind them to Fit RCBS.
Billy Marr ya went to fast. or I read to slow, help me out again. Do I understand the RCBS will fit both the Lyman and the SAECO?
But..Lyman and SAECO will not fit a RCBS?
Kinda one sided if ya ask me, but that is exactly what I wanted to hear.
Now, once more, The RCBS will fit the Lyman and the SAECO...Right?
You may have something on those "cheap Lee's"...
Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
112 Posts
yep that is what I meant. The RCBS Handles are thiner than the other. Becuase the mould blocks are cut thinner. Now for Half the price and working it with a grinder the Leees win. Oh allso epoxy the lee handles they tend to slide off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Billy Marr, Don't run off! We ain't through yet.
What "kind" of epoxy? Seems it would melt when the Mould gets up to temp? JB Weld? Acraglass? Marine-Tex? I have several but I would hate to make a mess and then have it melt out.
Respectfully, Russ

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have used JB weld with very good results on the handles. I have allso used some of the other stuff with no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts