Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here own a Charles Daly Superior grade Mauser? Are they any good? How do they rate for quality, reliability and accuracy? I'm still searching for a left-handed bolt action gun and I saw the mausers and they look really nice. Also, does anybody know if there is a manufactuer who produces a left-handed .308? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DonT, I took a look at the Savage website and the 11GL in .308 looks very good. I am not fond of synthetic stocks so I will probably go with the walnut. I know that Savage has gained a huge reputation for out of the box accuracy, but are they reliable and long lasting? I have started a collection but Im now looking to find my "go to gun". Do you have a recommendation for a scope for this particular rifle? And how does the internal magazine work? Does it have a floorplate or do you load it through the top? On the website it says that it comes with a rear/front bead adjustable sights, but the photo has no sights. So, does it have open sights or no sights? Thanks again for your opinion!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Graytimber333 said:
DonT, I took a look at the Savage website and the 11GL in .308 looks very good. I am not fond of synthetic stocks so I will probably go with the walnut. I know that Savage has gained a huge reputation for out of the box accuracy, but are they reliable and long lasting? I have started a collection but Im now looking to find my "go to gun".
I'm still using the Savage I bought on the day JFK was elected President.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts