Graybeard Outdoors banner

Charles Daly Pistols

774 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rockbilly 
#1 ·
:) Anyone had any experience with a Charles Daly EMS .45? A guy is trying to trade me one for some equipment I have for sale. The gun looks good, about the same size as a Colt Commander, has adjustable sights and has bot been fired many times. Years ago I only heard bad things about Daly pistols, have they improved? The value of the equipment is about $400-450, I'm thinking he will have to come with some cash and the gun....does that sound right?

#2 ·
I think the value would be in the $300 range. I had one several years ago. It shot very well with good magazines. It was accurate and reliable. I had a full size version with fixed sights, large ambi safety, and custon hammer and trigger. I remember them being under $400 NIB.
I'd handle it and shoot it before you decide.
Mark

#3 ·
Handgun General Discussion

rockbilly,

I took one in on a trade and it was a decent handgun, Shot it for awhile and sold it to a feller who thinks the world of it. He has had it for about a year and has had no problems with it. It seems to hit POI. I would put a value of 400 +or- ........Joe.........

#4 ·
8) Thanks for the input. I made the trade, he wanted the equipment pretty bad, so he managed to come up with a few bucks. I didn't know it at the time, but he also included three boxes of ammo, and two extra magazines, and an Uncle Buck's holster. If all goes well, I'll take it out to the farm tomorrow and pop a few caps to see how it performs.

#5 ·
Handgun General Discussion

Rockbilly,

Hope you have good luck with it, Theres no reason you shouldent enjoy the C.D...........Joe..........

#6 ·
:lol: Took two out this afternoon, the Daly and a (like new in box) EEA Witness 10mm. I was pleased with both. I set several fifty yard pistol targets along a creek bank, from forty yards the Witness shot like a target pistol, I placed 37 out of 50 in the black, the other 13 rounds were about two inches out of the black at about 7 o'clock. The Daly shot well, but jammed after 5 rounds. I changed magazines and didn't have any more problems. I think I can make a minor adjustment on the mag that I was using when the jam occurred and correct the problem. I didn't spend any time checking for accuracy after the jam, just shot to make sure it didn't jam.

THe witness is a little heavy, but it will make a fine carry gun this winter when I can hide the holster under a coat. It's not a shorts and t-shirt type of carry gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.