Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some experience with these rifles. Ill be getting a 25-06 (or near that caliber after my summer job is over).

They look as though they come with a nice walnut, and i like a gloss finished barrel also.

How is the action? What kind of accuracy is expected?

I dont need to shoot 1/2 in. groups all day but i'd like to keep it under or around an inch. Im not a taget shooter, but would like some nice groups.

They look to be priced fairly well, if the MSRP is $600 on there wesite, then im sure they can be had for about $450?!? (Or is that a stretch?)

Thanx in Advance
:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi are you really locked into a Charles Daley rifle?....if not I would reconsider the choice...not trying to make you or anyone else mad but the one rifle of that make I had anything to do with kind of soured me to them...my uncle bought one and thought he made a good deal, but and now keep in mind this has been a few years ago, it is one of the worst looking rifles I ever saw..we tried everything we could and it never shot very well, with factory or reload ammo...it looked very cheaply made...a lot of peole say the Savage rifle is cheap looking and ugly, but compared to the CD he had the Savage looked like a Cadilac...there are lots of good rifles out there that are good like the Savage, Tikka, Remington, and Ruger...do your homework and then find one that feels like a good woman when you hold it, then buy it...hahaha...anyway just my thoughts....WW1

·
Registered
600 Posts
Maybe consider a Savage 111G in 25-06 ($390) or Weatherby Vanguard Sporter in 270 Win ($450-$500) or 257 Weatherby Magnum ($550) instead? The Charles Dalys have potential, but need some finishing. The best value is in the actions, where with some work on the action, and a good stock and barrel, a decent custom can be built.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Charles Daly

Hello there. These newer Charles Daly rifles use the Mark X action I believe. I have an Interarms Mark X Mannlicher 308 and the rifle is incredibly accurate. I seen some of these new rifles adverised at Cdnn Investments for very reasonable prices. Regards

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
goose7856,

From the two Charles Daly rifles that I have seen that showed up at our club(both new this last year) I wouldn't have one on a bet. Talk about shoddy, cheap workmanship then you are talking about Charles Daly. There was no consistency to them. I wouldn’t call what they shot as groups, more like patterns from a shotgun. Neither rifle(a .243 and a .308) could be made to shoot no matter what load was tried. The owners of both of these rifles ended up returning them. Forget Charles Daly and think Savage or Weatherby Vanguard. Lawdog
:D

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Hi All,

Hmmm I notice no one has mentioned the CZ rifles :(

Sorry greybeard but to my mind these are a far better bet than the Remingtons :(

I have no personal experience with the Savage bolt action rifles having only every handled one and never shot any. The one I was offered was an older model 110 in excellent condition hoever it stood no chance against a Parker-Hale 1200V which I brought instead.

The CD rifles are not as far as I am aware offered for sale over here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts