Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get a cheap short barreld 357 or 38. I just whant something thats going to be halfway concilable(SP). Looking for the price range of no more than 250. Any info is greatly apriciated. But I dont think I'll find one for my CHEAP price. Anyway thanks again, Henry1.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've seen quite a few 2" barrelled .38 & .357 S&W or Taurus revolver for sale for $250-ish lately.

Try looking in some pawn shops, local papers or gun shops. It might take some patience, but something will show up.

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Henry1: You might also try posting on the clasified section here as there are quite a few people looking to sell as well as buy products. :D JIM

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the Charter 2000 runs less than $300. I had one of the old Charter Arms 38's and like it. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
In my area you can get the new Charter Arms Bulldog/Pug/Undercover handguns for about $250 if you shop. That would give you a caliber choice of 38/357/44spl.
Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys I Will do that, THANKS A BUNCH, Henry1 15

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just bought a Taurus M85 in .38spl about 3 months ago and paid right around 250 for it brand new. Do some shopping and Im sure you can find one. Maybe try gunbroker.com if all else fails or try this:
Dave's Gun Shop (814) 225-4512 you would have to have it shipped to an FFL and pay for shipping but it may be worth it as he sells all guns at 10% over wholesale.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can often find Ruger Security/Speed Sixs in the $250 range. They're almost sure to be better than a Taurus or Charter Arms you might find.

It's not as small as a 5 shot 38 Special, but the 2 3/4" version isn't hard to conceal and will handle full power 357's as long as you want to shoot them.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
The Security and the Speed Sixes are both excellent revolvers. I bought a Security Six with a 6" barrel for $200. Stainless Steel and like new! I just bought it because the guy needed the money. The thing shoots so well it has become my centerfire plate gun! The 2 3/4 is a little big for me to conceal though. Nevertheless one **** of a revolver for the money!
Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Registered
32 Posts
cheap 357

I went to a gun show sun in orlando, fl. There was an 2" snub 357. called the vindicator, made by eaa. price was $210.00 + tax and background check.

lifetime warranty. I was considering it because i can shoot 38 + p all day long

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
OH NO!! Not the dreaded Windicator. Pass on that one for sure brother!
There's just too many good revolvers out there, both new and used that can be had for about the same money.

Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Registered
32 Posts
357 snubby

Thanks for the info on the Vindicatir guys. It sounded good for a while.
I will keep looking although i'm in no hurry. I got more time than money.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Savage said:
The Security and the Speed Sixes are both excellent revolvers. I bought a Security Six with a 6" barrel for $200. Stainless Steel and like new! I just bought it because the guy needed the money. The thing shoots so well it has become my centerfire plate gun! The 2 3/4 is a little big for me to conceal though. Nevertheless one **** of a revolver for the money!
Stay Safe,
Savage
Savage... :(
I had a 6" blued .357 security six when I was younger, and I sold it to a bud for the extra clam's!!! :cry: Regret it now because they were a very reliable gun. Rolled some pretty hot wad cutters for it too!
Hey! :eek: Did I sell it to you! Ha! 8)

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Cap'n Jon,
Don't shoot or carry revolvers much anymore. Just wanted a revolver for plates so I wouldn't lose so much brass at the matches. Got an old mdl 19 in .357 as well, (an old retired duty gun) but the Ruger is a better shooter.
Stay Safe,
Savage

·
Registered
126 Posts
Under 250

First handgun I ever bought was a stainless Rossi 971 .357 in 4" barrel, used for $200. That was 6 years ago. I've fired it a ton and it's never failed me.

Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could probably get a new Rossi 6 shot, .357 snub for around that price. I don't know the model number, but it comes in ss or blue. I had one years ago. Mine was the stainless version. It was a good gun and fairly easy to conceal. I traded it off on a Taurus .38, but sometimes wished that I had kept it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My wife carries a Rossi M88 stainless .38 Special that I bought for her seven years ago. Both of us have put many rounds through this little gun and found it quite dependable. For a fixed sight with 2" barrel, it is accurate enough to serve the purpose it was intended for at a price new then of $160. New or used, you should be able to buy this within your price range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts