Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get to where I can send a PM and buy something here.

This is pretty cool. My wife's first buck last year had a broad head in its skull from close encounter.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wish that I’d been able to get the skull from the buck that some friends took in the early ‘80’s. Similar to that one, but it still had an arrow shaft going through the sinuses. Realize that at the time archery season ended several weeks before rifle season and it was taken towards the end of season.

I have also received first hand accounts of finding arrows and broad heads in the chest cavities (with pictures) of deer taken during rifle season.

Reactions: cwlongshot

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas.

That is a skull mount I did myself. This time I did not remove the eyeballs before the first boil. I pushed them through with my thumb. Could have been a nasty slice, lucky I missed it. Did not notice until after the second boil. Was a nice surprise.

·
Premium Member
16,653 Posts
Awesome!!

Back in the day we would see a broad head in a deer every couple years. That was when stick bows where more common when Compounds was brand new. Ruined two blades I remember chopping steaks or chops. How strange to ge sparks cutting meat!
CW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts