Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love them but seldom order one when eating out. Today we went to Logan’s Roadhouse to use a gift card from Christmas and I decided to splurge on my calorie intake. I had the steak, baked potato, corn, buttered rolls, and a few of their peanuts. I have to say they know how to do chicken fried steak right. This was the best one I’ve eaten in years. It’s a good thing that the place is located in a town over a hundred miles away. I’m back to mostly lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,178 Posts
We had chicken fried steak two nights ago using ribeyes.
They were great. I learned how on a youtube video a week ago.

Recipe on request. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hope it was Daddy Jack Chaplain, Cooking with the Blues!!! He is an awesome guy to watch, entertaining, simple, quick and easy. Check him out if not. The older videos are the best, imo. Read some of the comments. You will be cracking up. Lol.

·
22,256 Posts
I have a cuber attachment for my grinder. I do LOTS of cube steaks and mostly there made chicken fried with sausage gravy on top. Probably like it more then even back straps on the grill.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Top sirloin pounded flat, rolled in flour and fried for dinner last night. You guys are gonna make me fatter🤓

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
Venison cube steaks here. My wife rolls them in flour, browns them in an iron skillet, smothers in gravy for an hour. Served over rice. Often have collards with this. Not really chicken fried.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
One of my favorites.

I agree a couple years ago tried this with venison. OMG NEW FAV!!

Ooh it’s a MUST with sausage gravy!!

CW

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
Top sirloin pounded flat, rolled in flour and fried for dinner last night. You guys are gonna make me fatter🤓
AW, :tango_face_sad:, last time I had that Mom made it and she stopped cooking 35 years ago, passed ten years ago this May.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
Offhand I can't think of anything that isn't better with sausage gravy on it!!
. AMEN!!

Prep heart attack. I said that about cheese too. 😉

CW

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
. AMEN!!

Prep heart attack. I said that about cheese too. 😉

CW
Heart attack? I just eat an extra cholesterol pill and keep the nitroglycerin close.

I do my deer cubes just like you guys only sometimes I toss in some onions just to be different. I also like to cut up a fresh tomato into bite size pieces, then lay the pieces on top of the chicken fried deer cubes and woller both into my mouth at the same time.

·
22,256 Posts
I don't worry about what I eat. I eat what tastes good. But that said I don't sit on my but and get fat. I work out every day and walk a couple miles on the tread mill in the winter and outside in the summer most days. I laugh at some health nuts. You hear all the time joggers and even athletes keeling over dead with heart attacks. I allways said, Ive got a short time on earth. Call it 80 years. Ive got about 20 left. Id rather have 15 left eating steak then 20 eating lettuce!!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
"Id rather have 15 left eating steak then 20 eating lettuce!!"

Something is to going to get you one way or another. There is no way around it. You might as well enjoy life before it does and living on lettuce isn't all that enjoyable. I like steak and ham ain't half bad either.

I just found out that the county's largest town is supposed to have a Logan's Road House cafe coming so I'll have much closer access to their excellent chicken fry. There is a local mexican food joint that does a pretty good chicken fry but it's not quite in the same class as Logan's.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
"Id rather have 15 left eating steak then 20 eating lettuce!!"

Something is to going to get you one way or another. There is no way around it. You might as well enjoy life before it does and living on lettuce isn't all that enjoyable. I like steak and ham ain't half bad either.

I just found out that the county's largest town is supposed to have a Logan's Road House cafe coming so I'll have much closer access to their excellent chicken fry. There is a local mexican food joint that does a pretty good chicken fry but it's not quite in the same class as Logan's.
There is a logans road house that we've ate at before. Food was actually pretty good. I'll have to try the country fried steak as they call it. I am a sucker for chicken fried steak.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
I like salad but the list of salads I like is very short.
I would not want a true Caesar salad but I will go to a restaurant and order a true Cobb or Chef's salad.
A Taco salad is the only other type I will order.

Problem is both of the first two are getting hard to find or horridly expensive.
Back in my drinking days I would often go to a 24 hr. restauant and have a chef's salad .
During those same years I would often make my self a salad at home, using Italian dressing though now I have switched back to French dressing.
One problem with my home made salads is it is lettuce, shredded or sliced Cheddar or Colby Chees, onions , black olives and Sunflower seeds, LOTS of Sunflower seeds which are full of calories.

Also my salad would fill a ten inch by ten inch mixing bowl.

·
24,482 Posts
Don't ever buy a chicken fried steak from a truck stop deli. That stuff is horrible and the mashed potatoes
taste like chalk.

·
22,256 Posts
closest thing to a salad I eat is a taco or a lettuce and tomato on a burger. That is except tuna salad, chicken salad or sea food salad. I doubt I eat one head of lettuce in 3 years and I like my tomatos smashed and made into chilli, pizza sauce and spaghettis sauce and ketchup. Salad dressing does make decent marinades for MEAT though:tango_face_smile_bi.
I like salad but the list of salads I like is very short.
I would not want a true Caesar salad but I will go to a restaurant and order a true Cobb or Chef's salad.
A Taco salad is the only other type I will order.

Problem is both of the first two are getting hard to find or horridly expensive.
Back in my drinking days I would often go to a 24 hr. restauant and have a chef's salad .
During those same years I would often make my self a salad at home, using Italian dressing though now I have switched back to French dressing.
One problem with my home made salads is it is lettuce, shredded or sliced Cheddar or Colby Chees, onions , black olives and Sunflower seeds, LOTS of Sunflower seeds which are full of calories.

Also my salad would fill a ten inch by ten inch mixing bowl.

·
22,256 Posts
Yes sir.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
closest thing to a salad I eat is a taco or a lettuce and tomato on a burger. That is except tuna salad, chicken salad or sea food salad. I doubt I eat one head of lettuce in 3 years and I like my tomatos smashed and made into chilli, pizza sauce and spaghettis sauce and ketchup. Salad dressing does make decent marinades for MEAT though:tango_face_smile_bi.
I do like head lettuce; I will on a hot summer day , go to the fridge and slice a big chunk off and eat it just like that.
Full of water and cools you off a bit.

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
I was NEVER a salad or water person.... Pre Heart Attack.

For the last ten years I really enjoy Salads & my fluid intake is very streamlined. It’s Water 85%, Decaf Coffee13% and Vodka 2% with occasional beers on summer days or with some foods. VERY VERY occasionally a soda pop.
I enjoy a good steak or roast or Fillet. But rarely parTake anymore. Not even special occasions. I truly do not miss them. (Venison dosent Count and I eat allot of the It too!) Chicken and fish and salad is 99% of my intake. Lost over 100% back ten years ago and have kept over 80# off.

Somethings gotta kill ya true enough but it shouldn’t be YOURSELF! Eatin right is a choice no doubt and I’ll have ANYTHING I WANT OCCASIONALLY... Just never frequently but oddly it makes those favorites more cherished.

God bless guys

CW

1 - 20 of 31 Posts