Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35
Have you read about the goings on at the "Church of the holy Sepulcher"
It is a interesting read I thought that you would enjoy. It doesn't mention the brawls that have broken out from time to time but it tells alot.
http://www2.gol.com/users/coynerhm/peace_on_earth.htm

"However when the son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"
Luke 18:8

Elwood

·
Registered
18,405 Posts
Men are idiots and not worth the blood of Christ Jesus--but alas, Grace abounds in spite of ourownselves.
Blessings

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Right on William..
If my faith rested upon any real estate..I would be a confused Christian indeed....
Folks, travel to the Holy land is nice, but don't bank your faith upon it !
Apparently we cannot visit he site of the crucifixion (due to a Muslim graveyard)...and whether we visit the mount of transfiguration or the burial spot of Christ, it should make no difference to our belief or faith...
Most of those spots are debated anyway...many believe that "Gordon's tomb" or the Garden tomb is a more likely candidate.

If we get too wrapped up in details and " go bonkers" everytime our "sacred cows" are insulted, we're no different than those Islamic terrorist/fanatics that scream bloody murder when some lying nerws magazine starts a rumor about Koran maltreatment.

THe ACLU is whining about mistreatment of the Koran....can't you just see them go ballistic over Bible mistreatment...ho..ho..ho..!
...Anything to dammage the USA..

When I see those islamoterrorists froth and blatt about someone touching their Koran....I deduce that they don't believe their God is very powerful...
If their God WERE powerful...he could institute his own retributions and wouldn't need help from weak mankind..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Man kind are idiots but to say that we are not worth the blood that Christ has shed for us is to say that Christ is worthless. For He and the Father had great compassion on us and thought us worth the blood of Christ that through it we might be reconciled to Him. We are His servants but the Father and Christ bought us with a great price and we should not belittle them or their gift.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Donna
I think he was meaning is that mankind is unworthy of the blood of christ.
Of course no one is worthy, it is only by undeserved kindness that we can be reconciled to God.

Elwood

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
doesn't not worth= unworthy?????? boy i better watch my back over here a person could get picked apart real essay over here

·
Registered
729 Posts
mitchell said:
doesn't not worth= unworthy?????? boy i better watch my back over here a person could get picked apart real essay over here
Hang in there Mitchell. Things are going to get much more kind and loving around here.
Or there may not be an "around here" anymore. :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Donna, forgive me for interjecting but he meant NONE OF US IS WORTHY, yet we are given HOLY GRACE.
He said that very plainly for all to read.
Please take no offense but sometimes it takes a keen eye and open mind to NOT read what is NOT there.
Blessings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts