Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own a 50-95, in a 1876 Cimarron or any other brand of lever-action rifle? :unsure:
I can't seem to find any information on this rifle's performance/accuracy, reloading info or hunting experiences, for this caliber. I did read where it was the 1876 Winchester that was used in the movie about Tom Horn, that starred Steve McQueen.

The lack of information is making me choose the 1894 Cimarron 38-55, which would get the job done with less cost. :cool:

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After having 60 views and waiting a week for a reply, I'm giving up on the idea of getting a 50-95. :rolleyes:
I'll be better off or get more use out of a 38-55 and save a couple of hundred bucks in the process. :) It'll be a lot less expensive for brass and bullets too. :cool:

· Registered
3 Posts
Several years ago I bought a Cimarron 1876 in 45-60WCF, (full length rifle) I've been very happy with it, the wood finish may have been not as polished as a Uberti, but the case hardened receiver, function and accuracy is great, also the 45-60 is pretty easy to make from 45-70 brass as well as ease of mold options for cast bullets, 50-95 would be a neat caliber as it is unique and all, but brass would be pretty scarce and spendy when found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts