Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bulgarian Mak and got the chance to clean it up, and test fire it today.
it wasn't too bad, some old grease caked on where the sun don't shine, but other wise in nice shape.

shot some Wolf FMJ and some Silver Bear JHP thru it, and it shot where I pointed it.
about a 2 inch group at 50 feet, shooting off hand, so it passed that test also.

all in all, I really like this little gun alot.

here's a pic of it

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the world of Makarovs. I have been shooting and carrying a Makarov for 15 years now. They are great little weapons; combat tested with the Warsaw Pact for over 50 years. They are big enough to grasp and shoot well yet small enough to easily conceal all day long. Good quality HP ammo (US made, never trust foreign HPs to expand) puts it in the same league as a 2 inch .38, you'll just have 3 more shots. For size comparison you will find it is nearly the same length as that 2 inch S&W 36 and a good deal thinner.
Gun snobs poo poo them, because they are "cheap" and made by communists. Those who use them know that no apologies need be made either for quality or performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts