Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first Win 94 and note that the factory instruction's give
no detailed disassembly instructions and suggest cleaning barrel from the
muzzle end! This is makes a bolt action man like me squirm! Is this how its done,or who makes a muzzle guide? Also who does a reasonable trigger
job? thanks for any help ,hope to post more once I start hunting with it.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
RIG rods have guides

I have several RIG all steel rods. They came with brass or plastic guides that center the rod in the bore. I think some Kleenbore brand rods come with bore guides as well. Check out some of GB's advertisers for sources.

Yeah, I don't like cleaning from the muzzle but I like taking a 94 apart even more.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
oops I DON'T like disassembling 94 nt

I've taken my 94 apart but I don't like to do it often.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Taking these apart for the first or fifth time is difficult even with the takedown instructions, but it will get easier in time, I get alot of lever guns in for cleanings, and at $55.00 a pop I would recommend you learn on cleaning your own!
If you can read firearm diagrams they are avilable all over the web, if not I would recommend you purchase FIREARMS DISASSEMBLY & REASSEMBLY by J.B. WOOD, Brownells carries theses books or you can go to the AMERICAN GUNSMITHING INS. and purchase an armorer`s course for $30.00 or so, either way you will obtain the knowledge to care for your weapon.

RON KONTOWSKY
DEANS GUNSHOP II

1 - 4 of 4 Posts