Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
CMP!

As far as I know it is but the M1's are geting slim. I have rec'd many of them, include a 'M1D', and some beautiful 03'A3's- I love the US Military stuff! Try thier website. ODCMP.com? I'm still on a quest for an affordable 03'A4.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go to: http://www.odcmp.com/
I purchased two Garands, with VAR barrels, and a 1903 Springfield last year. All were in very good condition, even the stocks. The barrels on the Garands were new. I do not think they were even fired after the rebuild. The barrel on the 1903 was also like new. All three are excellent shooters. I am thinking of getting another firearm from CMP this year but I am not sure what.

·
Registered
78 Posts
cmp

I would love to buy a Garand thru the CMP but they tell me I have to affiliate with a club. The nearest one being 40 miles away. This club charges big bucks to join plus some pretty hefty annual dues. I am a Vietnam era vet and can buy a M-1 at a gun show cheaper than I can join this blueblood gun club. The NRA, the CMP, and the American people still pisses on Vietnam vets.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think that being a member of the Garand Collectors Association (dues $25.00 a year) would qualify you for purchasing a Garand along with firing in a CMP match. My club offers a couple of CMP matches a year and individuals that are not members of the club are welcome to shoot. Charge is $8.00 and the club provides the ammunition. Many clubs do this.
I just checked on this and being a member of the GCA qualifies you and, if I read it correctly, prior military service exempts you from the 50 round CMP match.
Go to:http://www.odcmp.com/Forms/1orderform.pdf This has the complete requirements for purchasing a rifle and a phone number for CMP. In order to purchase parts and ammunition you have to belong to a club that is affiliated with CMP but not for a rifle purchase.
I think you will be able to make a purchase through CMP with no problems.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey ibfestus

I'm pretty sure as a US Veteran, you can purchase a rifle from teh CMP! Check out the regs on thier site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: cmp

ibfestus said:
I would love to buy a Garand thru the CMP but they tell me I have to affiliate with a club. The nearest one being 40 miles away. This club charges big bucks to join plus some pretty hefty annual dues. I am a Vietnam era vet and can buy a M-1 at a gun show cheaper than I can join this blueblood gun club. The NRA, the CMP, and the American people still pisses on Vietnam vets.
Last I looked, veterans did not have to actually shoot in a match, and you can join a state association (such as the Texas State Rifle Association) which ought to be considerably cheaper than a high zoot club. Go look at the current regs on the odcmp site and confirm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts