Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the companion to my 10-22 Ruger.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have always been in love with the NF 22's......I once sold a very nice Ruger 22 to my brother to buy one....it was a nice sixgun but wouldnt shoot for beans....I wish I knew then what I know now as I would have had Alan Harton rebuild it for me into a match grade 22. Im on the hunt for a beater Colt to have rebuilt...

Yours is very nice. I hope it shoots wonderfully.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
:)

Nice looking piece. The Colt New Frontier .22 is a very well built revolver. Owned one years back along with a this Colt Peacemaker .22 shown on the left. I like them both. They withstood abuse and neglect at times, but never failed to work. Still own the Peacemaker. The other gun in this pic is my Cimarron .45LC.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sorta wish mine had the magnum cylinder. It would go nicely with my Marlin .22 Magnum.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Swampman; I read on here someplace a guy has an extra mag cylinder he's trying to get rid of. My NF came with both cylinders. I may have used the mag. cyl. once in whole time I had it.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My friend Kid Couteau at the survival.com web site made it for me. It's a Nessmuk styled knife. I believe he makes them from old saw blades.

http://www.survival.com/IVB/

The folding knife is a Case Camper.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Very nice revolver and great photo. Makes me think I should dig out my old New Frontier. Mine is fixed sight and I think an aluminum frame. I've had a lot of fun with it but don't carry it much these days. My Ruger Mark 2 6 7/8 is much more accurate. Still, that little Colt was the best $50 I've ever spent - including mag cylinder and holster. I was in college and a dorm mate needed the money back about 1974.

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
Hey Swampman, I like it!

I recall Nessmuk mentioned in one of his books that he carried a revolver, I believe, in his big pack for a while, but found it to be needless weight for him. Any idea what he had?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts