Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sure is nice to be able to sit and drink coffee with my flannel shirt on rather than be listening to an air conditioner eat dollars. Almost 9:00 and still only 56 F.
Now for the ragweed to get through blooming!
YEA FALL!

·
Registered
19,177 Posts
At these temps, I get a terrible urge to head for the woods with a .22 rifle. although I stay within sight of the truck, there's nothing like the woods in the fall.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
got a taste of it yesterday morning with a bow in hand.
i'd kinda forgot what it was like to sit shivering wishing
the sun would come up. :D

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Must be my blood is thinning but i've found myself missing some heat.
Went straight from hot to cold and i didn't get the inbetween. Now for you folks who are wondering, cold is anywhere below 50deg. ;D

In any event it doesn't seem like there is gonna be an indian summer.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I think El Nino finally showed up here. Rained Friday, started up again Friday night and finally quit sometime Sunday night. Temps in the mid fifties and a stiff east wind. I DID NOT do any sitting on the patio drinking coffee during that time. Prediction is sunny with a high of 80 today (maybe some coffee on the patio this morning) and the rain starting back up tonight and lasting into the weekend. Where was this when it would have done some good in July and August when everything was dried up and brown? Seems like Ma Nature is a fickle ol' bat most of the time.

Good part is most of the bugs are gone and the bermuda grass doesn't need much mowing now. I'm going to turn the hog loose on the pasture about the first of November when it will last until next spring.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
As uncomfortable as humidity can be, with old age I have found that a warm humid summer like we had is better than a warm dry one as in a warm dry year plants die, this summer greenery up here thrived.

Now days vary from below, above to just plain normal but right now with the still higher humidity it is a very comfortable fifty some degrees outside right now.
The tomatoes seem to have gained a second wind and rather than wilt away as they ususally do this time of year they are growing a bit out of control again.

I stopped wearing shorts every day three days ago but may put them back on.

I do miss the fall when as a youth I could pick up a shotgun or rifle and go out hunting for rabbits and pheasants but nowadays land that was not posted is either posted or has a house on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts