Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the very first post of our forum.


When Tim made that first post there was no Cannon board. It was an Idea. January 1, 2003 the board was officially opened When first started Tim and I asked and answered each other posts.

We have come a long way since then.

We have had several get togethers over the years around the country. I have met a lot of you in person. You are my cannon friends.

I have it in the back of my mind to organize a 20th Anniversary shoot in 2023. I have considered a couple of locations.

First of course Oklahoma City. It is for me logistically in setting up a shoot, convenient. I am not sure about a range, but I could talk to the gun club and get their feed back. OKC is fairly centrally located nationally. But with long range planning, perhaps they could join us.

I have also consider talking to the NRA Whittington center near Raton, NM. I would have to talk to them.

Spuddy is kind of far way, so is George and Fred. But with long range planning, perhaps they could join us-planned around a family vacation or something.

Any thoughts? Who's interested?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,557 Posts
Double D., you know us; we love to shoot, a 20th Anniversary Shoot sounds really good. Mike and I aren't newcomers now, but we used to be as green as grass, so there is hope for those of you just joining now. We joined on November 14, 2006, and by our account, 98.3% of our time here has been lots of fun, interesting, stimulating, thought-provoking, and beneficial. The other 1.7% of the time has been dull because everyone is staring at their computer and can't think of anything to write. But, that's life isn't it, all dressed up and nowhere to go!

Now, if Double D. would only answer my question to him back at the end of the 2 1/8 Lapan's Foundry Cannon thread, we could respond to him.

Tracy
P.S. Thank you, Graybeard, Cat Whisperer, and Double D. for making all of this possible!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
26,175 Posts
Glad you guys keep up with such things. I didn't know when we started the cannon forum. GBO was started in 1997 but I have long since forgotten which month.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
7,128 Posts
I should have some free time by 2023.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,537 Posts
I've been here since 2005. That's four photo hosts if I have my math right. :ROFLMAO:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I just recently arrived here. Wish I had gotten here sooner. Got here as soon as I could. Truly enjoy this forum and the many things I've learned, along with meeting a couple of you and connecting with some others.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
26,175 Posts
Have to admit Doug, when you and Tim first proposed this I had no clue it would do so well. I just had no clue folks had such an interest in cannons and mortars. I have a few small examples in the bookcases but that's the extent of my personal interest. It sure has been a big success story here tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
That’s a long haul, but I would love to head that way for a cannon shoot and meet up. We got some time to plan. Is there a train station Amtrak nearby?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
7,128 Posts
Probably be OK if you crate it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it sounds like OKC is out. I approached the Blackpowder Directors at the gun club and when they heard the word "cannon" they got all shaky. They are going to address the Club Board of directors and see what they have to say. I am not optimistic.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
889 Posts
A shoot sounds good to me if it's not much further West. I also miss CW's organized shoots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Would be fun..Have no idea if I could go..Wife will not hardly go anywhere with me,LOL Says all my ideas are crazy ones, She just does not not get it I guess.

I have been a quite bit shy of the full 20..But I like the time I have spent here..Been a crazy last year for me personally so have been absent alot..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Is the Kentucky range too far for everyone? The one where we had the Victorian Cannon Shoot. It’s not geographically centered, but it’s near the population center of the U.S.

The range was really nice.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top