Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the bullet for my 45-70.

I'm thinking that at about 1600 fps. it should stop most deer, elk, bear, t-rex's.

After playing with my 44 Blackhawk for most of the last year, I have come to appreciate the keith-style bullets and large meplats.

Any comments?

·
Registered
465 Posts
MtJerry, anymore info on this critter? Weight and what it's cast from?

The only cast boolit I've tried is a 405 grain wide flat nose from Cast Performance. Haven't tried it in the Handi yet but from my Guide gun it's minute of clay bird at 80 yards off-hand and I'm not an experianced shooter.

What the heck load 'em up and give us a report.

Oh, that 405 mentioned above is great at busting rocks...

Nixter

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
50,972 Posts
I'm partial to the Cast Performance bullets, haven't used em on game, but have read a lot about those that have and it is a proven performer in lever guns.....and is extremely accurate in my 45-120 BC.......costs more, but is a much better looking bullet than the sample pic from Western which appears poorly cast, hope that's not typical of their product....but for the price, if it shoots good and performs.....Kinda like using cheap scopes, if they work for ya, what the heck!!! :wink:

Tim

http://www.castperformance.com/users/performance/catalog.html?VCS=5b4d89cd3400a73c45e1c9875029bf4d&Iit=76&Ict=1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts