Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone here went to or know anyone who did. They were suposed to bring up 40 some bills. Wondering what happened

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
I heard a quick thing about it on Howie Carr but they didn't get into too many details. He was interviewing someone from GOAL but I only caught the tail end of it. They mostly talked about the foolish "essay" you have to write if you want a carry permit in Lowell.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the essay is silly too, but better than some LEO's that just say no, end of dissusion. The word on the street here in Salem is that the new chief isn't issuing any new ALP's and not going to renew any exsisting ones. Good thing I will have moved to Maine before mine expires.

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
It's crazy that they allow the chiefs to play God in Mass. I'm glad to hear you're moving up to Maine, you'll love the change in lifestyle. I grew up in Mass but had enough of it 15 years ago and left.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Lol guys and I s'pose I shouldn't be laughing seeing as how I live in the stupidity of neu yawk state and under the gun law provisions of our greasy meatball nyc governor but a 'essay', really. Does this also apply to cops or those who wanna be cops? Do they have to write a essay about why they wanna be the bad boys in town, wearing auniform and carryin' a gun? Do they have to write a essay about why they wanna be Marshall Dillon, Roy Rogers or Hopalong Cassiday? Probably not but you guys - whooee, best break out yer pens and pencils, and yer dictionaries on accounta you would prolly be refused if you don't write it out properly. My goodness, is it true that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander, unless yer a cop......................

Tell me now next door neighbors, is it time for another tea party????????? Some politico back door judge gonna say No, ya cain't ahve a gun cuz yer a civilian when ya needs to be a soljer er a cop. Where is this, Massivetwosh_ts??"?

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
Mass thinks that cops are above everyone else. Only cops are allowed to carry stun guns. Luckily the Supreme court shot that down just recently:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-gives-boost-stun-gun-owners-n542566

"But in an unsigned opinion, the U.S. Supreme Court Monday vacated that ruling. It said the Massachusetts court improperly found that Second Amendment protection applies only to weapons that were in common use at the time of the nation's founding."[/color]

Using the logic of Mass courts, the only 1st Amendment protected free speech would be that which is written on paper with quill pen or a printed newspaper because that's what was in use at the time of the founding of our nation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts