Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good, common, readily available source of ammo for a 3.5" bore cannon? Short of buying a mold and pouring lead/zinc, or buying premade balls, I haven't found that just right item. My previous cannon used a pool ball for an excellent fit, flight, and could withstand the shock. I poured concrete into PVC and they disintegrated. The closest I can think of is a small bocce ball (84 mm) that i can get for around 6 for $30. I don't know how they will hold up. Thanks for your ideas.

·
7,088 Posts
Did you try using the fiber reinforced concrete?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what I am and what I am not, and I am NOT a mason. I don't remember what kind it was, but I doubt it was fiber reinforced. Is that readily available at Lowes/Home Depot?

·
7,088 Posts
I think I got my sack at Home Despot.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My experience has been that balls fired from a mortar are pretty easy to find down range..... those fired from a cannon however are usually gone forever.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
spaz said:
Does anyone have a good, common, readily available source of ammo for a 3.5" bore cannon? ....
Do you have a caliper to measure the exact inside diameter of the bore? If so what is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts