Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had a problem with Mcafee? I purchase a life time plan the best plan they had for $399.99. I had it in writing that it would be renewed every year for free any time I had any problems they would go into the computer and fix the problem. ( They had a 1-800 number) After one year they said it had expired. I contacted the Attorney General in MN. They sent Mcafee letters two different times. Mcafee did not respond. Please look at the reviews for Mcafee before you purchase any computer security from them. They are not honest people!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Just to pile on here, Mcafee tends to slow computers down and actually cause performance issues. Run the Windows security suite software and keep it updated and you'll be better off.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
keith44 said:
Run the Windows security suite software and keep it updated and you'll be better off.
Maybe better off than with Mcafee, but I would recommend against the Windows security software - it is ineffective against the more sophisticated types of threats becoming common these days. I prefer Avast! at the moment, but there are other free solutions out there that are far better then the built-in Windows junk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts