Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shoot 45 Colt in my single actions so looking for a reasonably priced DA in same caliber. Seems the Taurus Tracker is a decent buy.

I am looking for something to take along when wandering in the woods, on trips or around the house. Would be used for plinkin and defense if necessary.

I have heard the down side with ported barrels and shooting at night with the flash making it virutally impossible for a followup shot but shooting a 4" 357mag with full bore factory loads creates quite a ring of fire also.

Any thoughts on quality of the gun would be appreciated. Since it "may" be used as defense weapon it will be left as is with trigger or action work and when not plinking stoked with factory rounds like the hydroshoks.

Thanks,
DonT :D

·
Premium Member
4,856 Posts
i dont have that exact gun but..

every taurus i have handled ( and the ones i own ) are all very well built. the trigger is about as good as a production gun is going to be and the craftmanship and quality is definitly there. i dont think you can go wrong with a taurus.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Considering the Tracker in 45 Colt (460 I b

You might want to wait a little bit on that purchase Don. Taurus is coming out with a new 45 Colt Tracker without the ported barrel. 4" fixed sights, heavy Tracker style barrel. Looks like just what you're looking for.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the help folks... Really apreciate it..

DonT

·
Registered
547 Posts

I;ve got a model 425 Tracker 41 Mag. Awesome gun !

A good carry gun (only 34oz) powerful enuf' for shootin' big critters too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Tracker in 45 colt

And I love it. It is a great gun that is handy and shoots real well. The porting is not really a problem and it helps keep the muzzle flip down to a controlable and quick pointing push to the rear. I have loaded some 255 gr LSWC and I used some 230 grHP win silvertips in it and have not had any problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts