Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Contenders have a long history of winning matches but are the Encores as populer for the silhouette game as the Contenders?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I've never seen either used in any rifle silhouette match, although the Encore 'should' work well where legal. The Contender is at a large disadvantage as it cannot be safely chambered to a cartridge adequate to take down a 500 meter ram.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my reference to the Contender was mostly due to their success in handgun silhouette matches.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lone said:
I've never seen either used in any rifle silhouette match, although the Encore 'should' work well where legal. The Contender is at a large disadvantage as it cannot be safely chambered to a cartridge adequate to take down a 500 meter ram.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Contender is available in .45-70 and that is more than adequate for knocking down a 500 meter ram as proven by it's popularity in BPCR competitions. :eek:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Lone said:
The Contender is at a large disadvantage as it cannot be safely chambered to a cartridge adequate to take down a 500 meter ram.
I'm thinking that the 309JDJ, 358JDJ, 375JDJ, or 45-70 would do more than "ring the ram".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts