Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey T/C experts....
What's the deal on Contender Carbines???? All I see are barrels, forearms, butt stocks! Does anyone sell the whole package with receiver and choice of barrels?? Everyone on the Single Shot Forum thinks I should get the 12 yr. old one of these for his 1st gun, but I can't even find one to look at or touch. What gives??? Can I get a little background on this gun.....history, cost, available supply?

savageT

·
Registered
54 Posts
:D There is one dealer here in Utah that sells complete carbines. But its just as easy to buy the individual parts and put your own carbine together.
Thats half the fun of owning a Contender,kind of like tinkertoys for big kids. :-D norm

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Well since they don't make the frames any more they are probably getting hard to find new. Look for a used one in good shape, they all have a lifetime warranty. Or wait for the G2 to come out this spring. ( boy is that comment going to heat things up. ) KN

·
Registered
38 Posts
SavageT,

My fourteen year old son got his first deer this season with a Contender Carbine in 6TCU. I think what you have in mind is a great idea. You can probably find a used frame for $200 or under. I used a rynite stock & forearm and a VVCG stainless 6TCU barrel I got in their Wilson blank sale. Unless you live in Alabama or one of the other states with an extended season you'll be looking at next year before you'll need it. If you watch the classifieds here and a couple other places you can pick up what you need for a reasonable price.

Rick

·
Registered
188 Posts
TC Carbine

Savage, I've bought all my barells and accessories from Ed's Contenders out of Okla. City Ok, he's honest and the shipping and handling is the actual cost of shipping, been most happy with all but having problems with a 14" Super in .44Mag with accuracy. RR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts