Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:

Can a private party who bought a Contender over ten years ago in the state of California, sell it to another private party in CA today...provided the transaction is handled through a licensed FFL delear in CA? The transferee has a HSC and is legally eligible to own a handgun in CA.

Contenders aren't on the "list"...and I'm getting mixed signals from all directions.

Thanks! ...Chris :?

·
Registered
96 Posts
yes you can

Yes you should be able to transfer the firearm. You just can't buy a new one or import any from out of state unless you have a direct blood relative give one to you. Then it is SB15 exempt. Hope this helps. IronMonkey

·
Registered
143 Posts
Contender - Private Party Transfers in Cali

I was in a private party transfer last year , It is the only way you can get one in the peoples republic of Kalifornia . Jump on in you wont be sorry !!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the help guys....that was my take on the transfer/sale, but the dealer wanted to check with the AG office to confirm. I can understand his reluctance at first...I assumed he was up-to-speed on this issue. He told me all was OK until I started signing papwork. Then he got cold feet...at that point I wasn't a happy camper.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the fact this gun was as close to NIB as it gets, it wouldn't have been worth the hassle. I was so frustrated I almost threw in the towel. But then again, that's just what the pinkos wanted me to do wasn't it?

Thanks for the help! ...Chris :D

...ten days and counting!

·
Registered
143 Posts

Chris
This is done for you own good !! Dont you know that the contender pistols are Unsafe ?? Thompson wouldnt even submit the contender for the drop test . A single action 5 or 6 shot revolver I guess is considered idiot proof but the single action single shot is going to get somebody hurt .
(I hope you can see the Sarcasam)

·
Registered
12 Posts

The Answer is yes. Also the dealer can sell them on consignment from his shop.

BG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts