Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance to get a 22LR contender with "a sliding mechanism on the hammer for dry firing that we haven’t seen before".

Does this mean something because I need to be able to switch to a centerfire barrel also.

Is it a 'rimfire' only contender? Gotta be able to switch to .357 and whatever else.

Kinda need an answer in an hour.

Thanks... Tom

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I won. So now I have a 22LR contender. I'll have lots of questions I'm sure after I've played with it for awhile.

GBO forums are great.

Be well...

·
Registered
457 Posts
The thing on hammer is a selector for switching from rimfire to centerfire or safety it is not for dryfiring. Don't dryfire with hammer cocked without snap caps.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It sounds like an early hammer with a hammer block on the hammer. If you look under the back of the hammer spur, you will see a screw head. If you rotate that screw head 180 degrees, it will switch from rim fire to center fire. It's still not a good idea to dry fire practice with the hammer block set. It will peen over the blocking pin, and gouge out the receiver.

I hope you got a good deal anyway, but it's not anything "special" or "rare". I have 2 early frames and 1 later "easy open" frame myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.