Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased a new MGM barrel for an old contender action. I sent the action and barrel to EDstc to be fitted as the barrel would not open once closed. Ed fixed that problem with great customer support. Now the action will close/open with the new barrel with the forearm attached, but not the new synthetic carbine stock. I have to knock the hinge pin out to remove the barrel with the stock attached. If I take the stock off, and just run the bolt holding the stock on as far as it will go the action will close and open just fine. I think the problem is with the stock. There is a mark on the stock right behind the trigger guard where something is hitting the stock.

I would like to avoid bothering Ed again with this problem if it is an easy problem to fix. Any ideas?

·
Registered
293 Posts
You know now that I think of it I had a grip that I had the same problem with the grip didn't have enough clearance in it for the trigger guard screw.
I took my dremmel and made that pocket deeper and it worked fine. All that little pocket is for is clearance. I bet you have the same thing going on.
Sorry I didn't think of this sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts