Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wouldn't cock with either of two barrels on it. Last time it was the hammer hitting the wood grip, not this time. It wouldn't cock with no barrel on the gun. I oiled and sprayed and tried to clean for a long time. I looked in the action, and saw that (I think) the sear wasn't staying " down" after I pulled the trigger guard back. Much cleaning later it started to work, more cleaning was better. Now it works every time. I have a lot of trouble with this gun, it seems to need constant attention. I don't know if being dirty caused it not to cock. Is it just me?
joe b.

·
Registered
338 Posts
No cock

I had this problem and it was dirt related . As you said the good cleaning remedied it. As the other post indicated you can adjust that allen screw at the top of the trigger to where the sear eangages deeper. I assume that lets the sear engage deeper anyway it will increase trigger pull. I had the problrm once in the first two years of ownership and have no failures since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.