Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got an old single shot Cooey .22. it has an unusaul shaped stock and has very long and heavy barrel for a .22. i haven't ever seen any other cooey like it and was wondering if this was some sort of target model or something. there not worth much because i picked it up for $40 at a local gunshow.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Keven: Your cooey rifle was made by cooey machine & arms co. ltd. Cobourg, Ontario Canada sometime between 1903/1961 as in 1961 cooey was sold to Olin Corp. placed under the supervision of Winchester Canada they also manu. some shotguns, hope this helped. :D JIM

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think it is one of the older guns because on the newer model 39's pieces such as the trigger gaurd appeared to machined were as mine is steel strap that has been bent and drilled

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your's sounds like one I used to have. It was real accurate, but the bolt wore out. It had a sort of step in the fore end to make it feel like a military rifle. I was told that they were used as a training rifle for the Canadian airforce. I belive mine was made in the 1920s or 1930s.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine has the step in the stock as well and my great uncle said they where used as a trainer when he was in the rcaf during the war

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.