Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too much talk about corona, so I went to Publix and bought a six pack of Corona. Never had it. Now I can say, it tastes good! I liked it.

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
It reminds me of the stuff we used to drink back in party kegger days but then that is how it is viewed in its homeland; only Gringos think it is a premium beer.:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Not this gringo. Nasty. Around here the hispanic population goes heavy for it and even more so for Bud Light which is just as bad.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not this gringo. Nasty. Around here the hispanic population goes heavy for it and even more so for Bud Light which is just as bad.

I normally have Yuengling. Brewed right here in the State (Tampa, Fl).
What beer is your favorite?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
A and W in a chilled mug

Deaconllb

·
Registered
11,970 Posts
I have a definite fondness for Stout but oddly, Greek Mythos would be the one I would get if I only had one choice.
It tastes most like the German lagers that local breweries used to brew before they started shutting down and it all started tasting blah in the late seventies.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am with oldandslow. Both nasty! Lol.

Give me a Coors Lite and I dont bother nobody.

·
Registered
16,180 Posts
mmmm..... yes! I have a few cases of 32 oz. Corona for homebrew, I like that size. They may be the only glass in that size now.

·
Premium Member
5,142 Posts
If I wonted a beer I think it would be Sam Magill That was one of the few beers that I ever really enjoyed.

Deaconllb

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I normally have Yuengling. Brewed right here in the State (Tampa, Fl).
What beer is your favorite?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In my quest to keep from having to purchase larger pants it has become Michelob Ultra which I refer to as "nearly beer". Truth be told I drink very little beer.

·
Registered
924 Posts
any beer is better than no beer
I am not picky but I prefer a porter
Guiness would be heavenly, now I'm thirsty

·
Premium Member
16,456 Posts
It’s taken me more than a year. But I have converted two of my PR neighbors that there is better “beer” than Corona. To me it ain’t beer. But neither is most of the light offerings. Flavored water is a friendly description.

I cannot do the dark heavy beers. Not cause I don’t like themI DO VERY MUCH, my body converts them into stones RAPIDLY and off in ya ever had kidney stones ya wouldn’t do what causes them! 😉

But I can get away with occasional full Bodied Beers as long as I don’t over do it.

One “light” I do like is Yuengulng light.

I laugh every time I hear on the news about the retinue loss to Corona because of this virus. I know folks can be stupid. Ignorant is probably more accurate. But OMG...

CW

·
Registered
570 Posts
I never did drink much Corona, the lime kept plugging up the hole. Too much like beer rationing. Long neck Miller lites will do for me with the occasional Old Gold lager from our home town brew pub. Closed all the bars in Wisconsin last night at 5pm, that's gonna' take some getting used to. No Friday night fish fries. This is going to be culture shock in WI.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts